[vlc] VLC and Jack

Susan Dridi sjd at freeshell.org
Sun Sep 2 20:54:16 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I am using 64 Studio as my Linux distro, but I really like the VLC
player, so I installed it from Debian (64 Studio is a remix of Debian,
so it's all compatible.)

Anyway, I recently upgraded my sound card to a Presonus Firepod. The
device works great with the freebob driver, and I can get great sound
out of anything that uses Jack.

I see that there's a Debian ticket to compile VLC with Jack enabled. But
it hasn't happened yet. So, I am wondering if there is a pre-compiled
version of VLC elsewhere that has Jack support and that would work on a
Debian system? I don't think that I'm up to compiling VLC myself.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm currently using Totem to play audio
and video, but I really don't like it as well. But it uses Jack.

Thanks!

-Susan