[vlc] "computer too slow" error message using VLC

Jeff Brody brody10902 at wavecable.com
Thu Sep 6 05:25:37 CEST 2007

I have a PPC G5 iMac; 1.8 Ghz processor; 1 gig of RAM. I am trying to
play an .mkv file using VLC player and while the audio portion of the
file is playing fine, the video stream freezes for minutes at a time
(the video is about 48 minutes long). I see that there were several
posts on the forums about similar problems, but nowhere did I see any
solution to this issue.

  I can't believe my computer is too slow to handle this file.

Is there a solution? I would appreciate finding out if I can play
this file.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Brody
Silverdale, WA  USA