[vlc] GUI feature request: Time remaining (or total duration)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 11 03:15:25 CET 2008

I love VLC, but one of the few things that annoys me about it is that
- when playing a file - it's difficult to figure out how much time is
remaining.  It is possible to find out the total duration of the
clip, but only by selecting "Information" -> "Advanced Information"
-> "General".  This is a pain in the ass.

It would be really nice if VLC were to display not just how much time
has elapsed, but also how much time is remaining.  Alternatively, it
would be nice to have a more convenient way of finding out the total
duration of a clip (when known).

	Ross.