[vlc] Weird behaving of vlc with a file

Olivier DJIAN odjosc at free.fr
Mon Feb 11 09:58:42 CET 2008

Thanks a lot to Neil for his answer.
Neil you're right, I checked it out and saw streamdev vdr plugin is generating
PES format (but it can also generate PS). Actually we used PES because it's
the native format of Mediaclient (like Showcenter 200 and other Neuston,
Adstech...) we want VLC to provide stream with.

Sure we could make mencoder remux the stream for VLC before, but we would have
a two-level remuxing as we need VLC to do some job before feeding the
mediaclient. It would not be a very efficient solution...

I've already read the (huge !) mplayer/mencoder doc several times but didn't
point the few lines about PES / VDR format. Thanks again for showing this to
me... Anyway VLC has no problem with VDR recording files. It just has some
with the stream provided by streamdev plugin (which should also be PES but
probably with difference from the initial recording).

So I think we have to change things before VLC gets in action in our process.
Olivier.