[vlc] Mozilla Firefox VLC plugin questions

Javier Gálvez Guerrero dulceangustia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:03:44 CET 2008

Hi there,

I have four simple questions:

1. When creating a playlist with the Firefox VLC plugin and adding local and
RTSP streaming contents, once the first streamed content finishes, the
player hooks and never starts playing the following file (it doesn't matter
if it is a local or a streamed one). In addition, while the streamed content
is being played, if I try to jump to the next item in the playlist with
vlc.playlist.next(), it happens the same. Is there any bug regarding that?
It is sent the TEARDOWN RTSP message to the RTSP server when the streamed
content is finished or skipped?

2. Using vlc.playlist.add(mrl, name, options), what is the 'name' argument
for? What can it be used for?

3. I know that vlc.playlist.getItemCount() or vlc.playlist.items.count()
returns the number of items added to the playlist, and I know that
vlc.playlist.playitem(number) (where number is the item identifier and not
an index) skips directly to the item with number as identifier, so I wonder
how could I get the item identifier of the item in the playlist that is
being played in any moment. In the end, what I would like to know is which
content is being played. Is there any way to do it?

4. How can I tell the VLC FF plugin not to show the stderr messages, so,
pass the '--quiet' option?

Thank you,
Javi