[vlc] Mozilla Firefox VLC plugin questions

Anthony Loiseau anthony.loiseau at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:37:29 CET 2008

Hi,

Here is a part of answer :

2 - The 'name' argument is not useful in fact. At least, I don't see where
it is used in moz-plugin, it is a "text describing this item". You can set
it to null or use vlc.playlist.add(mrl) (same as vlc.playlist.add( mrl,
null, Array() )).

3 - I don't now any way to know which item is currently playing, since i
have never seen such method in mozilla-plugin API. The file
projects/mozilla/control/npolibvlc.cpp (if you compile VLC yourself) is the
glue between JS API and libvlc, I think this feature need modifications to
this file to extend JS API.

4- If you compile VLC yourself, you can have a look to VlcPlugin::init() in
projects/mozilla/vlcplugin.cpp. Option "-vv" is given there, if you want to
tweak it  or allow "--quiet" to be parsed. Don't know how to do this witout
modifying the source code. If you just want to have your terminal clean,
redirecting stderr to the void should do the trick :).

--
Anthony LOISEAU