[vlc] My eMac G4 700Mhz + 1gb ram has problems with 0.9.6

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 12 21:45:05 CET 2008

hello there,

we had to remove a certain video output module for the latest releases
due to stability problems. Since it is really out-of-date, it wasn't
worth the time to fix it. However, on older Macs such as your eMac-G4,
you'll encounter performance issues, as the current video output
module requires a Quartz-Extreme-compatible graphics card, which your
Mac doesn't seem to include.

Thus, it is probably best to keep VLC 0.8.6i, but note that it
includes a couple of well-known security issues which won't be fixed
(for more info on this, check videolan.org/security).

Best regards,

Felix