[vlc] problems with new vlc and suggestions

Bresler, Arkady J Sr SPC RES USAR USARC arkady.bresler at us.army.mil
Mon Sep 29 23:25:25 CEST 2008

so last night i downloaded and installed the newest version of the VLC player.  i've been a huge fan of this player for a long time now and so far i'm really liking this newest version.  from what i hear, it takes less resources than the old. i also have to say that it's definitely a little more user friendly plus fast forwarding now has sound and it doesnt freeze up on me whenever i fast forward more than 4x.  i have not played around with it as much as the old one yet, but so far its pretty great.  what i did just notice is that whenever i have AZUREUS VUZE turned on, the menu in the full screen mode does not disappear.  this is annoying. if you can do something about this or help me resolve this issue, that would be great.  this problem could also be caused just by my computer so maybe you should test that out 1st.

as for suggestions... 2 vlcs ago i was able to double click a video to start it in a new vlc window if i have another one on pause.  now it utilizes the same exact window and i lose my place, is there a menu option for that or is that how you guys are going to have it from now on? also i dont know if you know anything about KMPlayer, but so far i find this the best video player whenever it comes to utilizing less resources, having more codecs and playing HD videos on a computer that is not HD.