[vlc] Problems with version 1.0.1 Goldeneye

Graham Fearnhead graham.fearn at virgin.net
Thu Aug 13 19:18:15 CEST 2009

Hi

I have just successfully installed the above version on 6 PC all running the latest updated version of Windows XP Home or XP Media Centre.

The installations were all faultless.  When I tried to execute the shortcut found on the start menu for one of the machines (I have attached this above) It came up with a DOS screen which said that the command line parameters could not be executed.  VLC did not run.  I made a shortcut of the executable and then VLC runs as normal.

I tried to view the 'Forsyte Saga' DVD on the same machine.  There were  and no menus visible and de-bugging  messages reported 'invalid picture'. Other DVD's view happily on this problem machine.

The de-bug messages are :-

main error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called
main error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

a52 info: A/52 channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:192000

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

libmpeg2 error: invalid picture encountered

The 'Forsyte Saga'  DVD views happily on VLC on  all the other 5 machines all running XP Home or Media Centre.

Can you help ?

Graham