[vlc] VLC-Player-Icon changed

Hendrik Schilling holunderhendrik at conclamo.de
Mon Dec 21 15:48:52 CET 2009

Hey, thank you for your reply: mercy beaucoup; please excuse me for replying in
English, my French is tres terrible, pardonnez moi...

Christmas - true. The majority sees it as christian holiday nonetheless, and I
would rather not delve into religious/theological discussions.

Well, I did not know that this is a non-profit thingy you have going there.
Great, thank you for informing me about that.

Is there a list somewhere, what dates and logo changes were coded/programmed?

A little popup might be nice, somewhere along the lines of "Hello, it's the time
of the year, merry this and happy that -  the performance of this program is not
affected by the change of the icon. Your developers from vlc!"

As you are well aware, there is a lot of bad stuff out there, and I am trying to
run my computer as safely as possible. I had not noticed the icon change, and
when the DVD hung up, I noticed it and first got pretty scared, then angry.

If it is joyeux noel, and if you are into it, then I wish you that, despite this
very unexpected incident - I ran this DVD on another device, and it worked just
fine there. I guess, shit just sometimes happens. Also, a bonne nouvelle annee
to you.

Again, thank you for your reply.
Hendrik, not changing the date on the computer (I really had to laugh about that
one - thanks)