[vlc] Zangon in package with vlc player

justin ross justintross at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 11:05:28 CET 2009

Dear Sir

It appears that your software is being packaged with Zango on
Supernovatube website.

there is a link on the site to VLC player download and there is a
large buzz hitting the forums regarding zango on Supernovatube. You
player if freeware with no malware is is highly rated among the
community so I am sure that having zango attached will do great damage
as zango is an incredibly intrusive piece of spyware.

At the moment this seems to be linked to geographical but I contacted
Supernova and they repliued:
"we have a text link that allows users to download VLC player/zango
package. It is not mandantory or required. There is no pop-up or
banner, just the text link. Ad revenue has dropped quite a bit in 2009
so this is required until it comes back to 2008 levels."

Please take action against this immediately because I recommend VLC
player on a lot of forums and if zango is attached then I will post
warnings on the sites that havn't done so already.

It would be a great shame to see such a great product fall into zango's trap!!

Thank you

Justin