[vlc] VLC for Mobile Phones

Kunal Sharma kunalhenry at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 13:51:04 CET 2009

Hi

My name is Kunal Sharma and I downloaded VLC Media Player for Windows OS a few months ago and I was very impressed with the program, it could play literally and format I wanted it and very smoothly too. I think it's one of the only programs to be able to play ANY format. But the thing is that mobile phones have become very popular now and many people like to store videos on them too, but the problem is that mobile phones limit the your options for which kind of a video file it should be.

For example Nokia is only able to play MP4. Because of this fact many people have to convert their videos to a certain format for it to be able to be played on the phone. My suggestion is that it would be a great idea to make a VLC Media Player for mobile phones. Since VLC has a lot of codecs allowing it to play any file, it would be very popular on mobile phones. People could just put videos on their phone without needing to convert it to any specific format and watch it peacefully. Please take my idea into consideration and reply soon

Thanks

Kunal