[vlc] Separate Mailing List For Mac Users?

WordWeaver777 wordweaver777 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 01:58:15 CEST 2010

Hello,

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the many Windows users who
participate on this list, but I am wondering if there is a
separate mailing list specifically geared for Macintosh VLC
users. The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of
the messages that I have been receiving on this list have
been directed at Windows users. Not being a Windows user
myself, and not knowing how VLC operates on a Windows
machine, and thus not being able to help Windows VLC users, I
have very little use for, or interest in, the majority of
these messages.

If there is no separate list for Mac VLC users, would the
folks at VideoLan.org consider setting up one?

If not, would it be possible to implement a new policy on
this list whereby all participants are required to add a
small tag to the subject line of their messages, which
identifies their platform? I would suggest the following for
starters:

[Win] = Windows
[Mac] = Macintosh
[Lin] = Linux

For example, in the case of this current message from me, I
might write the subject line as:

Separate Mailing List For Mac Users? [Mac]

It's just a suggestion, and I'll probably get shot down for
even suggesting it, but I am sure that there are others out
there who are bothered by receiving so many unnecessary list
messages in their in box.

With the aforementioned tag system, many of us could easily
set up a filter in our email client which would redirect
incoming messages to the appropriate place on our hard drive.

Thanks for your consideration,

SnidelyW