[vlc] Separate Mailing List For Mac Users?

kenneth krabat krabat at menneske.dk
Sat Jul 3 02:36:53 CEST 2010

hear hear!

Being a mac-user (for many years) I know absolutely nothing about day-
to-day usage of Windows or Linux systems.

Separating it into three parts (which one could subcribe to and have
as the same kind of individuel emails or digests as the common OS-pot)
might even garner som much needed attention on the lesser user group's
problems and kinks to iron out. Meaning: Garnering programmers.

Crossing my fingers. VLC for Mac - 1.0.5 Goldeneye on PPC G4
powerbook, 1.5 ghz, 1.5GB RAM 300GB HDD - is behaving erraticallly, if
not treated a bit like a pimadonna (do things in a certain order, or
she will crash/freeze/refuse to re-open unless Machine is restarted),
and I no longer know which older version to return to, in order to
have the same codec-fuctionality as now.

All the best, and as always: a million thanks for what you are doing
for the movie industry and for us.
kenneth k

Den 03/07/2010 kl. 01.58 skrev WordWeaver777:

> Hello,
>
> I mean absolutely no disrespect to the many Windows users who
> participate on this list, but I am wondering if there is a
> separate mailing list specifically geared for Macintosh VLC
> users. The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of
> the messages that I have been receiving on this list have
> been directed at Windows users. Not being a Windows user
> myself, and not knowing how VLC operates on a Windows
> machine, and thus not being able to help Windows VLC users, I
> have very little use for, or interest in, the majority of
> these messages.
>
> If there is no separate list for Mac VLC users, would the
> folks at VideoLan.org consider setting up one?
>
> If not, would it be possible to implement a new policy on
> this list whereby all participants are required to add a
> small tag to the subject line of their messages, which
> identifies their platform? I would suggest the following for
> starters:
>
> [Win] = Windows
> [Mac] = Macintosh
> [Lin] = Linux
>
> For example, in the case of this current message from me, I
> might write the subject line as:
>
> Separate Mailing List For Mac Users? [Mac]
>
> It's just a suggestion, and I'll probably get shot down for
> even suggesting it, but I am sure that there are others out
> there who are bothered by receiving so many unnecessary list
> messages in their in box.
>
> With the aforementioned tag system, many of us could easily
> set up a filter in our email client which would redirect
> incoming messages to the appropriate place on our hard drive.
>
> Thanks for your consideration,
>
> SnidelyW

> Armageddon BBS      : Telnet to endtimeprophecy.mine.nu
> RSS Feed            : http://202.128.64.54/Endtime-Prophecy-Net-RSS-Feed.xml

cell: +45 2049 4468

youTube  |  mail  |  facebook  |  blog  |  LinkedIn  |  iTunes Podcast

(links can only be viewed in rich text format)