[vlc] Problems with mkv-files

Volker Siegel dersiegel at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 10 12:46:11 CEST 2010

Hello,
My name is Volker Siegel and I have problems with mkv-files. Every time I
want to watch Animesfansubs created since the second half of 2009 as mkv the
VLC and alle other players I tried (MPlayer, Quicktime with Perian) can't
play the files in the correct way. The first problem is that it is
impossible the jump in the timeline of the video. The second problem is that
in every file the video stops at nearly the half of the time and so the full
movie can't be watched. This happens with several files from different
providers of the videos.
I tried to use the VLC version on Windows, too, to verify if the problem
lies in the MAC-version (I use a MacBook Pro) but the problem is the same
(no changes with the cccp codec pack or witch divx codec and Media Player
Classic).

I hope you can help me with this issue and I am trying to uplode one example
of a file on your FTP samples server under the original name: [Doki] Ladies
versus Butlers! - 01v2 (1280x720 h264 AAC) [F92A5C65] + the problem
description in incoming on the server.

Thank you for your work with the VLC.

My System:

MacBook Pro3,1