[vlc] Bug Report: VLC 1.1.0 hangs if screen maximized when the user clicks the "STOP" button

Paolo Barone pbarone818 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 07:09:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

My compliments for a good piece of software!  But...

Here's a Bug Report.  This happens each and every time:

VLC 1.1.0 Windows
My System:
Windows XP Pro, SP 3
Pentium III, 1 GHz
512 MB RAM
Video Card: ATI 3D Rage Pro, PCI

When I watch a video clip, I start the clip.  Then, I hit the FULLSCREEN VIEW
button to maximize the image to the size of the monitor.  If I click on the STOP
button while the VLC application is in full screen mode, the application hangs
with the client area turning all plain white (or also sometimes all plain
black), and the application won't close.  The only way to kill VLC at that point
is to "end task" using the Windows Task Manager.  So, in order to NOT get into
this bug bug situation, I have to remember to toggle the FULLSCREEN VIEW button
back to the standard size before clicking the STOP button, or else surely, VLC
will hang.

Hope this helps and thanks again for providing a great video viewer!

Sincerely,

Paolo Barone

PBarone818 at yahoo.com
(714) 901-5810  New home number