[vlc] application/X-mplayer2

Bryan Farrell bryan-farrell at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 9 01:29:47 CEST 2010

Dear VLC.

I am a researcher and wish to download a new report. I try but receive an error message that I don't have the right plug-in  for the document which requires mime type application/X-mplayer2.

I consequently go looking at the internet for this application and the first thing a see is a reference to VLC which I have possessed for some time and the correct version. During the original attempt when I was told I did not have the appropriate plug-in VLC was in no way activated. I have an IMac 10.6.3

Do you have a solution and if so I would be grateful to hear it.

Bryan Farrell