[vlc] Sick of OSX version

kenneth krabat krabat at menneske.dk
Sun Jun 13 01:28:29 CEST 2010

Den 13/06/2010 kl. 00.55 skrev Jean-Baptiste Kempf:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 03:44:46PM -0700, Jeff Snyder wrote :
>> Jean, I have to say that I was quite surprised, and discouraged by
>> your response, as it certainly didn't offer a very sunny outlook
>> for the future of the Mac version of VLC. If one of the leading
>> developers of VLC has such a negative view of Mac OSX, what can we
>> Mac users really expect in the future?
>
> Those are totally uncorrelated.
> The fact that I believe that Apple doesn't care about retro-
> compatibility and
> its users is totally not linked to VLC.

I am. I am always one or two generations behind in hard- and software.
And I don't know what I would use, if VLC wasn't around. I've followed
the developments since version 0.5 or 0.6 I believe - always dreading
the day I would have to pay. But today I want to, and I'm all grown up
and used to paying for functional software, but what now is the future
of VLC for Mac?

best,
kenneth krabat

> VLC works pretty fine on platforms that are way worse than Mac.
> Having a working VLC on mac just requires people spending time on it,
> nothing more.
>
> And to come back on the subject of the thread, if you are
> "sick of OSX version", "patches are welcome".
>

> Best Regards,
>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Kempf
> http://www.jbkempf.com/

cell: +45 2049 4468

youTube  |  mail  |  facebook  |  blog  |  LinkedIn  |  iTunes Podcast

(links can only be viewed in rich text format)