[vlc] VLC media player suggestion and question.

Richard Hole richard.hole at truesolutions.info
Wed Mar 3 02:11:08 CET 2010

Hi

I have been using VLC media player for a while and found it has
advantages over other software as it can be played back at twice normal
speed while still being able to understand what is being spoken.
However, I have some suggestions on what features could be added if they
are not already part of the software.

It would be good to be able to step back or forward a certain number of
seconds. Currently, the only way I know how to do this is to click on
the scroll bar. This steps back or forward but often it is too far and I
have to listen to a lot of things again in order to replay the last bit
that I missed. It would be good to have a button or preferably a
keystroke to step back perhaps about 10 seconds. If the button or
keystroke is pressed twice it could be back 20 seconds. Each time it is
pressed it could go back an extra 10 seconds. Another button could be
used to step forward a certain number of seconds. Are these features
available or could you possibly include them in the next version?

Also, I have recorded  files in ".ts" format using Media Portal.
However, when I play back with VLC, the clock counter does not seem to
work. It always reads 00:00/00:00. Do you know why this is and what I
could do to get the clock counter to work?

Is there anyone else I could share this letter with?

Your help is appreciated
Regards Richard