[vlc] HELP! Please

AB aub.b at cox.net
Mon May 10 20:21:27 CEST 2010

As a beginner with VLC 1.0.5 I have found it very difficult to found basic "how-to's" for the program.

The most documentation is for basic use of 0.9 and the illustrations of the program are not even the same as 1.0.5

Can you tell me where to find just basic things like playing audio and videos, and getting streaming video from the internet.

There is much too much material for programmers and not nearly enough info for those of us just beginning to use the program.

Can you help?

Steve Conway