[vlc] VLC Media Player V1.0.5 for Ubuntu Linux

Mwanga Wa Jua sundragon777 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 08:47:48 CEST 2010

Greetings,

Just visited your site and saw that v1.0.5 was available for Ubuntu Linux. I
have just installed Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) and made sure my repositories were
enabled for multiverse. But all I find in Synaptic PM are *older
versions*of VLC and related packages. (0.9.9a). Enabled the 'partner'
and 'backport'
repositories and updated (apt-get), but still cannot see the newer version
1.0.5.

Also cannot seem to be able to find the *libdvdcss2* library. Without this
piece, I can't see how I'll be able to view dvd movies on my lan.

Is/are there some other step(s) that I am missing? Is there another
"special" repository that I need to include/enable? Any assistance that your
team could provide would be greatly appreciated. I've been wanting to try
VLC for some time, and finally got some spare time and a few spare systems!
I just need to get the right versions and libraries.

Thank you much!
Msebe-