[vlc] Crashes with streams on vlc for windows.

gonzague gonzagueddr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:13:44 CET 2010

Hi, i was trying to find a way to log error without the interface, with
the command line  :
vlc --verbose=2 -I dummy
"http://sverigesadio.se/api/radio/radio.aspx?type=broadcast&id=2711951&codingformat=.m4a&metafile=asx"
, but the strean is dead.

Never mind, vlc never crash for me when there's nothing to play, both
under windows and linux.
You can also tell us what is your os ?, are you using the last vlc
release ?, and if vlc is crashing with others streams ?

About hotkeys, it only works ( for me ) if the vlc window is active and
the mouse cursor is over the playbar ( if the cursor is over the
playlist, pressed key are use to select track by the alphabet).
Maybe you can try with the telnet interface and a vlm conf, so you'll
can use "command line" to command vlc ( play, pause, next, previous ) ...