[vlc] How To Change VLC Firefox Plugin Settings?

Amichai Rotman amichai at penguincsc.co.il
Sun Feb 13 18:23:14 CET 2011

Hello,

I am running VLC 1.1.7 under Ubuntu 10.10 on a NetTop machine based on the
Atom Z530 and 1Gb RAM.

The VLC client plays movies and strams without any problems, but when I try
to watch a stream inside Firefox, it freezes every few seconds.

I had the same problem with the client and after changing some settings
(namely - the cache values for File, HTTP,UDP and TCP) it got better.

How do i optimize the settings for the plugin? I understand that since
version 0.90, the plugin doesn't read the settings from the VLC rc file...

Thanks!

Amichai.