[vlc] A Bug

Thomas Joseph tomjosif at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 19:17:19 CEST 2011

--- On Sat, 3/26/11, Praveen Kumar <prav.1102 at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Praveen Kumar <prav.1102 at gmail.com>
Subject: [vlc] A Bug
To: vlc at videolan.org
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 7:11 AM

Hi,

I am one among the million user’s of VLC Media player,
right now I am using vlc-1.1.7-win32 & when I checked in there was an
update file in the name of vlc-1.1.8-win32 was available , I downloaded it
immediately but my antivirus program Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 captured
it as Trojan, I tried downloading from cnet & sorceforge still both files
were deleted by my antivirus , but when I scanned the earlier version file
vlc-1.1.7-win32 , it says the file is clean please sort this out & keep me
updated in the progress, looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

So Praveen, what do you think ? Is vlc at fault or your Kaspersky ? Did you
do any investigations ? Pls post you findings. We are eagerly waiting.

THX