[vlc] RTSP client in vlc 2.1

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Sat Dec 14 19:31:26 CET 2013

On 12/14/2013 06:55 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On 14 Dec, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote :
>> I have posted two mails today, one on vlc mailing list, the other
>> on live555 mailing list. From the answers I got, despite what you say,
>> live555 looks like a more open project.
>
> You post on a _users_ mailing list, that has been explained as a
> deprecated way of discussing to the project.

I am sorry, I am having problems as a user of vlc as an RTSP client. So,
I use the users mailing list, which I found on videolan.org web site. Here:

https://www.videolan.org/support/lists.php

Without any mention of its "deprecatedness".

> But since you think live555 is SO open, I will be delighted to look
> at the diff and changes between the last few versions...

I have been working for several monthes with live555 code, I use:
https://github.com/hackeron/live555

And I daresay I find live555 sources to have a way more manageable size
than those of vlc, which is why I did not even attempt to fix myself the
defects of vlc as an RTSP client and came to this (user) list.

> I won't even ask for a tarball, because, I know it's too much to ask...

Well, that is true, there is always only the latest tarball in the
download area, but this can easily be worked around using github.

No need to answer, I am unsubscribing from this list. You just lost one
vlc fan, but you probably do not care, since you have so many.

Regards.

--
                                                                Gilles.