[vlc] drive in theater (synchronization audio-fm / video)

jm jm.trivial at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 18:29:30 CET 2015

Dear vlc users,

I'm part of a local radio in France [1], and we plan to organize a drive in
theater, by broadcasting the audio part of a movie throw our FM broadcasting
system, then by projecting in a screen the movie.
The main question is the synchronization between the audio and video streams:
the antenna will be probably far from the drive in location.
Do you know if vlc is able to synchronize the reading of a movie (video part)
using an audio input coming from an FM receiver (using for example the audio
in of the computer) ? And do you think it's required to synchronize not only
at the beginning of the movie?

Thank you for your answers and ideas.

Cheers

--