Channel Selection Display

Tristan Leteurtre tristan.leteurtre at videolan.org
Sat Oct 5 20:22:37 CEST 2002

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002, Cindy Lai wrote:
> My question is how can i modify the codes in order to change the >
> interface of channel selection to, say for example 'Bloomberg' instead
> of numbers like '1', '2', '3' ?

So, as far as I understood, you don't want to change the protocol
between vlc and vlcs, but just the way the channel are printed in the
list ? Instead of '1', '2', '3' next to the button 'go', you want
'movie1', 'satellite channel' ...etc, written in hard somehwere ?

So, that deals with the interface part of the vlc, this is specific for
each interface (gnome, gtk, qt...). I don't know anything about
interface designing, so can't help you... try to see how the interface
of vlc is designed and with editing tools are used (glade ?).

Regards,

--
Tristan