[vlmc-devel] Strings used in VLMC

Rohit Yadav rohityadav89 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:14:29 CEST 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the patch.

Except for some strings, most of them are not helping much, in some cases
(I think, if not just don't get angry :) you may have messed up the
grammar; and yes we need to make some rules on how to use punctuations,
like in several places we use fullstops but in some it was removed; and I
think it won't hurt to use attention seeking exclamation points in.

I also prefer (at least in the menus and window labels) all caps except for
prepostions in strings so I like "Youtube Developer Key" and not "VLMC's
YouTube developer key".
Also in VLMC we're giving option to a user to set his/her own developer key
to track well all the YT/Google data apis (like uploads, errors,
authentication). I release the graphs every now and then.

I think we need to decide some ground rules on writing strings (tense,
punctuations, caps?) and put it in our coding style, in HACKING?
Perhaps Ludovic can help write the rules as he's handles our translation
folks.

Cheers,
Rohit