[vls-devel] vls doesn't stop sending...

Heok Kee Oon oonheokkee78 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 14:44:51 CEST 2002

Hi!

   I'm using vls-0.3.3 stable version running on RH
Linux7.3.

   Few questions. Firstly, which function in which
file is responsible for reading and differentiating
the various frames (I, B and P) before splitting and
multiplexing them into a TS stream?

   Secondly, I've successfully switched out the UDP
transport layer and incorporated a new transport layer
protocol for the data transmission. However, after the
change (probably by accident) my modified version
DOESN'T STOP sending data to the client. This is a
list of files that I've modified:

   src/core/socket.cpp
   src/modules/netchannel/netoutput.cpp
   src/server/output.cpp

   I've also done a simple comparison between my
modified version and the original. "m_bStop" for the
modified version is true in C_TsStreamer::StopWork()
only when I stop vls-transmission via the telnet
interface. But when running the original UDP version,
it sets "m_bStop" to true in the same function
immediately after the video-clip has ended.

   I've been trying to track what is it that I had
changed which might cause the problem. But what I
changed are only the socket-calls like accept(),
listen(), etc, and commented out the parts where
socket-options are set for broadcast and multicast.

   Hope someone can enlighten me on these. Thanks a
lot!

Oon, Heok Kee