[vls-devel] Re: vls doesn't stop sending...

Tristan Leteurtre tristan.leteurtre at videolan.org
Fri Oct 25 16:43:11 CEST 2002

Hi Oon,

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002, Heok Kee Oon wrote:
>    Few questions. Firstly, which function in which
> file is responsible for reading and differentiating
> the various frames (I, B and P) before splitting and
> multiplexing them into a TS stream?

The vls does not deal with I,B and P frames, since it is only concerned
by the system layer. The splitting/multiplexing is made with PID
selecting, not with frame seclection (ES layer).

If you *really* need a type_of_frame function for vls, I used to write
one some times ago...

>    Secondly, I've successfully switched out the UDP
> transport layer and incorporated a new transport layer
> protocol for the data transmission.

Which one ? ;)

> However, after the
> change (probably by accident) my modified version
> DOESN'T STOP sending data to the client. This is a
> list of files that I've modified:
> (...)
>    Hope someone can enlighten me on these. Thanks a
> lot!

I looked a few minutes, but your problem is hard to understand... I
think it's impossible to solve it like that, the best explanation would
be the source code itself, but...

Anyway, don't hesitate to report your investigation results !

Good luck,

--
Tristan