[www-doc] Re: (no subject)

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Tue Feb 21 09:46:43 CET 2006

Hello,

> Input/access.c

This file deals with creating and destroying the "access" modules, which
are the first modules in the input processing chain. Access modules are:
file, HTTP, FTP, UDP, DirectShow, ...

The stream management functions in input/stream.c call the "Send" callback
of the access modules to get data from them

> misc/image.c

This allows us to deal with images files and image buffers. Thanks to
these, we can load an image file to a buffer, so we can overlay it on the
video, or save a snapshot (which is a buffer in memory) to file. We can
also convert images.

> misc/messages.c

These are the logging functions used for debugging (when you go to
view/messages, the messages are sent by the modules to this message bank,
which dispatches them to the interfaces)

> misc/block.c

As you said, this manages data blocks.

Data is passed from the demuxer to the decoder using "blocks". These
blocks contain a data buffer (p_block->p_buffer, its size is
p_block->i_buffer), and a few additional information fields (the flags)
and dates (i_pts, i_dts)

Also, some access modules use blocks to pass their data to the demuxer:
those for which data is already stored in blocks (CD, typically)

Hope this helps,

--
Clément