[x264-devel] Re: Status of x264 decoder

Stephen Henry Stephen.Henry at elixent.com
Mon Aug 8 18:01:38 CEST 2005

I'm currently working on the Decoder in my spare time. It's quite
laborious to debug given the fact that the code relies on common
functions shared between the encoder and decoder that have long since
diverged. I too see the benefit in having a unified H.264 codec being
able of carrying out encoding and decoding; no harm to the ffmpeg guys,
but there's a lot of stuff in the code that I simply don't care for.

I can't say when I'll have it in a working condition; hopefully within a
couple of weeks if I can be bothered.

Stephen