[x264-devel] Re: rate control question

alexander tian tian.alexandertian at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:37:56 CET 2005

Hi,shauli

The three VBV parameters are very important in the rate control. Especially
if you want to make the 1pass(ABR and CBR)  or 2pass encoding.

 I make 1pass(CBR) by using x264 encoding.At last I get the satisfied result
by using below parameter:
--bitrate 2000 --ratetol 0.01 --vbv-maxrate 2000 --vbv-bufsize 1800
--vbv-init 0.1 --qcomp 0 --bframes 2 --no-b-adapt --verbose -o E:\test.264
E:\yuv.yuv 720x576

So you could comprehend these parameters if you could make 1pass CBR by
using the x264. In the other hand you could get some help by search some
topic in the web "http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77".