[x264-devel] Re: Problem when porting X264 to RISC processor

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 31 07:46:45 CEST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, sam wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Did anyone try to port X264 in a RISC processor or other similiar
> processor?

The only processors tested are x64, x64_64 (without mmx), and ppc.

> When I disable MMX and use "or32-uclinux-gcc" compiler to compile the
> code, it is ok. However, the program cannot work properly. The output
> 264 file is totally wrong.
>
> The "rate control" involves some time functions and I have tried to
> make all rate control function to NULL function. Without "rate control",
> the program still can return a playable 264 file with smaller
> compression rate in PC.

Huh? The only "time" functions are two calls to mdate in x264.c.
Those calls can be removed with no side effects.

> Can you think of anything that I need to change in the x264 program in
> order to port it to RISC processor?
>
> My makefile and the compile warning are attached.

Your compile warnings appear entirely in your replacement system headers,
and in functions that fail to be defined in said headers. There's nothing
I can do about it. (Does your system really not come with fprintf, fopen,
etc?)

--Loren Merritt