[x264-devel] tiles

reamer-s at Safe-mail.net reamer-s at Safe-mail.net
Fri Sep 30 17:36:13 CEST 2005

I am new to 264 so please excuse my ignorance.  Can the multi-slice or some other feature be used to segment the image into a few (perhaps six or less) non-overlapping rectangular tiles, none of which  encompass a complete scan line of the original image?  If not, is there anything to prevent me from stictching an image together from separately encoded tiles in a manner which will be transparent to most decoders?  If so, is this approach also likely to work with other MPEG-4/AVC-like formats?

RS