[x264-devel] Re: x264 improvement

Tim Greatrex tim.greatrex at mac.com
Mon Mar 13 23:30:09 CET 2006

I'm guessing the issue may be that he has worked on this in his spare
time, while he works for a company that develops a different codec
which it then sells (so x264 is classed as the competition). I
doesn't sound like there are any legal issues with the code he's
developed, but maybe moral issues for his position within his day-job.

As a mac user (who is very new to c and at the moment can't make head-
nor-tail of the x264 code (though it works great!), let alone altivec
optimisations) it would be great if you could make it available,
especially with some good annotations describing what does what if
possible, so that myself and people like Firas can learn from you.

Tim Greatrex