[x264-devel] Custom slice support

Jery Bing jery.bing at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 08:44:14 CET 2007

I think that in any case, the slicing of the picture is done once at the
init of the encoder, so the decision can't be releated to the bit
rate/packet size of each slice.

it is true that by slicing in advance, i will have rate control for each
slice.
maybe in some cases i would like to do rate control of the overall frame.

maybe some pointer to the code is needed, but, is it possible in the current
implementation to use distributed rate control? the statistic from all the
encoders saved to a rate control struct and each encoder could update and
retrive the rate control decision from this struct?

this way in case of a relative uniform Quality picture, it may be possible
for each slice to fit into an MTU, and the statistic will be less noisy..