[x264-devel] PAFF

Mike Kazmier mkazmier at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 04:48:29 CEST 2008

Hi Fernando,

> Dark_Shikari wrote: What would be more useful than PAFF, I think, would be to have
> proper MBAFF support.

I agree - most testing has show that properly structured MBAFF decisions will yield more efficient compression than PAFF, most choose PAFF due to the lower complexity to implement it (a single heuristic is needed per frame, not per macroblock pair).  Is there any reason you want PAFF support versus MBAFF?

--Mike