[x264-devel] Faster real-time encoding

BugMaster BugMaster at narod.ru
Thu Jul 24 16:48:04 CEST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:32:31 +0200, Simon MAZUE wrote:
> Hello,

> I want to built x264 on Windows and Visual Studio.
> Until now, it was quite slow so I was wondering if it's possible to
> use threads that way. Because it seems x264 is not using Windows
> threads and I don't know about pthread on Windows, but I'm not sure
> there's a good implementation.

> As you speak about threads, I would like to ask you if you know the
> best threads' library to use on Windows.

> Thanks in advance.

Using Visual Studio for x264 compilation is not recommended because it
doesn't keep the stack alignment. As for pthread
(http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32/) you can compile it for Visual
Studio, how to do this read the readme-file from pthread sources
package. Also you would need to modify x264 MSVC project files so it
know that you compile with pthread.