[x264-devel] CALL FOR MPEG4-AVC/H.264 CODECS COMPARISON

Eric Viscito eric at ev-consulting.com
Mon Feb 16 16:11:52 CET 2009

On Mon, February 16, 2009 4:37 am, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> Since x264's recent psy optimizations have proven quite definitively
> that one can achieve greatly improved visual quality while decreasing
> both PSNR and SSIM, will their be a subjective comparison as well as
> an objective one?

Hi Jason,

Is there any written report substantiating these claims?  I would be very
interested to see that!

Proof is such a strong word, especially when accompanied by a word like
definitive.  Subjective tests for assessing video coding impairments are
time and labor intensive.  I'm curious what kind of tests were run.

Regards,
Eric Viscito