[x264-devel] MSVC project files

Steven Walters kemuri9 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:25:52 CEST 2009

> A patch to fix compilation in MSVC is very welcome. A lot of people have
> problems with this.
> I recommend committing the patch that fixes the project files and including
> the c99 patch file inside the projects directory, so that MSVC users will
> always have access to the most up-to-date version of the patch to fix c99
> problems.

So you're saying that in addition to the overly large project files,
we need to also keep and maintain a patch to support its brokenness?
That's no different than supporting it directly and has already been
stated that it is not going to happen.

Like I've already stated earlier, i think the project files are not
worth the bloat nor separate patches to be supported,
I would see doing something like this patch, I've been working every
once in a while, being more efficient.
http://kemuri9.net/dev/x264/patches/experimental/x264_msvc_configure.diff
Which is to have a configure script for MSVC and have the Makefile CMD
prompt compatible.
It would take only minor editing to have it support ICL.