[x264-devel] Generating H264 for iPad?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 23 20:52:05 CET 2012

Am 23.02.2012 20:47, schrieb Lou:
> Yes, syntax has changed. It's a side-effect of using something that
> isn't 5 years old. FFmpeg/libav do not use text files to emulate the
> x264 presets anymore. This is a good thing. Based on your example,
> current syntax for two-pass using FFmpeg could be:

well, that is nice, but i can not force permanently
customers using debian-systems building a bundle of
packages and dependencies by hand only because we
are using the newest software

so my wrapper will use command-loines which are PERFECTLY working
with current and not so actual ffmpeg-versions at the same time
because my primary job is software-developer and not "jump
where any other developer is pointing right now" and things
are not working better making changes for the sake of the change

> ffmpeg -i IronMan.mkv -c:v libx264 -preset medium -profile:v baseline \
> -b:v 1M -pass 1 -f mp4 -an -y /dev/null
>
> ffmpeg -i IronMan.mkv -c:v libx264 -preset medium -profile:v baseline \
> -b:v 1M -pass 2 -c:a libfaac -b:a 128k output.mp4

see above

give me only one simple reason to change perfectly working things