[x264-devel] cmake based build system for x264?

Stephen Hutchinson qyot27 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 01:16:54 CEST 2016

On 9/9/2016 2:02 PM, BugMaster wrote:
> What do you mean by "native" build support on Windows? There is no
> problems to build x264 on Windows if you have msys (it is not worser
> third party dependency than cmake). You can build x264 on Windows with
> mingw (gcc), MSVS (cl) or Intel Compiler (icl) if you have msys.

msys isn't the Windows Way™ (read: open it through the MSVS IDE),
though, which is probably why 'native' was in quotes. *shrugs*

I don't particularly care; I always cross-compile x264 from a Linux
host.  However, CMake support would be nice for a cross-platform and
not Windows-specific reason: being able to use Ninja instead of Make.
Not that Ninja support couldn't somehow be added to x264's existing
build system, but with CMake, support for Ninja is pretty much
automatic.