[x264-devel] cmake based build system for x264?

Peter Steinbach steinbach at scionics.de
Mon Sep 12 10:03:22 CEST 2016

Hi to all,

thanks for the positive feedback. I also understand the concerns that
have been raised ... although 4 out of 6 replies appeared positive.

My current setup is designed to keep the existing
configure/make/make-install infrastructure intact. I simply created a
subdirectory dubbed 'cmake_unofficial' (feel free to suggest other
names) where the actual cmake code resides. Any build activities based
on cmake have to be performed in there.

I am not sure if the current git home of x264 supports forks etc, so
that I could start undisclosing my work to collect further feedback and
potential help. If there is no such functionality, I'll put my fork on
github/bitbucket and post the link to it here.

Best,
Peter