[x265] F.R.: Report number of frame threads in [info] block

Mario Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Sat Nov 23 20:06:17 CET 2013

Am 23.11.2013, 19:45 Uhr, schrieb Tom Vaughan
<tom.vaughan at multicorewareinc.com>:

> Mario,
> The number of concurrently encoded frames is already reported in the
> x265[info] output.
>
> Example:
> x265 [info]: WPP streams / pool / frames  : 17 / 32 / 1

That makes me almost concerned...

With a Phenom-II X6 (6 cores) I get e.g.: 5 / 6 / *2*

So it encodes only 2 frames in parallel? Because there are other intense
tasks utilizing other threads?

According to ProcessExplorer, x265 runs 10 threads. Up to 6 of them are
more or less busy. Sometimes only 2 of them, depending on the preset used.
So it is probably correct, just possibly not yet "optimal".