[x265] F.R.: Report number of frame threads in [info] block

Tom Vaughan tom.vaughan at multicorewareinc.com
Sat Nov 23 19:45:08 CET 2013

Mario,
The number of concurrently encoded frames is already reported in the
x265[info] output.

Example:
x265 [info]: WPP streams / pool / frames  : 17 / 32 / 1

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Mario Rohkrämer <contact at ligh.de> wrote:

> Feature Request:
>
> Since the number of concurrently encoded frames is per default derived
> from the available CPU cores, I miss the actual number in the x265 [info]
> output. It will be useful to know which number has been calculated if it
> was not enforced by a value different to 0 for parameter -F (e.g. if
> HyperThreading was taken into account), especially if it is not a simple
> equality.
>
> I am not sure if it deserves an own verbost line, or if just a brief
> summary in the "tools:" line is enough.
>
> --
>
> Fun and success!
> Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer
> mailto:contact at ligh.de

Tom Vaughan | Vice President Business Development | MulticoreWare, Inc. |
tom.vaughan at multicorewareinc.com <darran at multicorewareinc.com>

530 Lakeside Drive, Suite 140 | Sunnyvale, CA 94085 USA | Mobile
+1-408-596-1535