[x265] My bug reports vor rev. ~400-450

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Mon Oct 21 20:01:40 CEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM, LigH <contact at ligh.de> wrote:

> Greetings. New to the maining list now, so please don't hit me for not
> knowing already handled issues in earlier reports...
>
> I got the recommendation to report bugs here, instead of just in the
> VideoHelp forum. So here are some I noticed in the last revisions built by
> El Heggunte or x265.cc's buildbot:

thanks, this is definitely the right place to report bugs

>   * options --[no-]psnr and --[no-]ssim seem to be ignored.

they aren't but it is not as obvious as it should be.  these features are
still being completed.

--ssim enables ssim measurement of each frame, but all you see is one
global SSIM score in the final line of output from the CLI.
--no-psnr disables psnr measurement, but it still writes meaningless PSNR
numbers at the end.

>   * option -w is unknown, but expected to be a shortcut of --weightp

fixed

>   * when --weightp is used, the encoders (GCC-x86, VC11-x86, VC11-AMD64)
> crash at the end of the encoding (finished or cancelled by Ctrl+C)

weightp is also only partially implemented and still being debugged.

a command line would be help for reproduction.

> Tests were run on Windows 7 SP1 Ult. 64b German, AMD Phenom-II X4, 8 GB
> RAM.

Steve Borho