[x265] x265: How to get started (newbie question)?

Krishna krish.rao.v at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 18:38:04 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I am new to x265 and open-source codec dev. (but familiar with video
compression) and I was wondering if anyone can help me get started. So, I
looked at the BitBucket page and followed all the instructions regarding
downloading the source, etc.

What happens next is where I am stuck at. For a newbie like myself,

   1. can you provide links to the current HEVC spec. which is being
   followed to develop the code.
   2. is there a fixed order in which the encoder functionalities are being
   built.

Also, please feel free to add any tips that you think can help a newcomer
get a grip on the code.

Thank you so much!

Regards,
Krishna Rao