[x265] x265.exe

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Thu Feb 20 20:50:08 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:04 AM, Caso Anthony
<anthony.caso at etu.enseeiht.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to compile x265 on my computer and I have some trouble.
> I followed your instructions on the website http://forum.videohelp.com/
> threads/357754-%5BHEVC%5D-x265-EXE-mingw-builds?p=
> 2259093&viewfull=1#post2259093
> I have downloaded a MinGW installer and update with the basic setup, then
> after compiling, generating and making my x265.exe without problems, I
> tried to test it.
> But when I double-click on it, the .exe start, display some informations
> and stop directly. I am not sure how this .exe has to be used.
> I hope you will be able to help me.
> Thank you for your consideration

Hello Caso,

Questions of this nature should go to our public mailing list (CC:'d)

x265.exe is a CLI app, and it expects a number of command line arguments.
 Typically the first two are the input file and output file.  When you run
it without arguments, it shows you the help info for the command line
options.

--
Steve Borho