[x265] --nal-hrd cli option

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Wed Feb 26 01:12:00 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:11 PM, dave <dtyx265 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In x264, NalHrdParametersPresentFlag can be set on the command line with the
> --nal-hrd option with possible arguments of none, vbr and cbr.  Currently
> x265 sets it based on bitRate > 0.  I copied the --nal-hrd option from x264
> into x265 but it only sets m_hrdParametersPresentFlag.  I left
> m_nalHrdParametersPresentFlag alone because it was set elsewhere.  If that
> is preferred then perhaps --nal-hrd could be more accurately named --hrd or
> I can update x265 to work with m_nalHrdParametersPresentFlag like x264.

Yeah, our VBV/HRD implementation is just now coming on line, and we
haven't really looked into the signaling aspect of it very closely
yet; we're still focusing on getting enough QP control to prevent
underflows and overflows.  If you can make the CLI and signaling
follow x264's approach, that would be really helpful.

--
Steve Borho